I’m done talking about H&M for now (even though it just opened up in Jerusalem today!)
There is much cooler Israeli fashion news on the horizon.
The Streetswalker blogger Yael Sloma is just about everywhere these days! In case you don’t know who she is, Yael is one of the most popular Israeli fashion bloggers in town, known for taking stellar street fashion photos of people she catches in amazing styles while out and about. Get this–Yael is only 23 years old! I think she’s right up there with StreetPeeper Phil and the Facehunter.
Yael was recently featured in the Style Section of Time Out Israel, the magazine about Israeli culture that caters to English-speaking tourists and the English-speaking community in Israel. Take into consideration some of the amazing things Yael has done.
- She has been featured in Glamour magazine
- Her work has been featured in art galleries throughout Paris, Vienna, and Milan.
- She walks the streets for hours a day looking for fashionistas to photograph.
- She has a modest wardrobe and all four pairs of shoes (Hell, any girl that can be a fashion photographer and do that is pretty DAMN amazing!)
- She’s Israeli first street fashion blogger.
Later she talks about the differences between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv style. Jerusalem is known for its more conservative and classic looks while Tel Aviv is more casual and loose. (Can’t wait to tackle this in a future blog post!) Despite keeping a modest wardrobe, she has an incredible eye for style.
You can find the article on page 46. Read it in the digital version here or if you’re in Israel, head to one of the local hotels where you’ll likely be able to pick up a free copy.
Check out a beautiful photo of Yael, The Streetswalker at FashionForward.co.il, proving modesty really is a fashion statement!