As you can see, I changed the name of the weekend fashion buzz column to something a little more–well, Israeli.
Riding on the buzz of my recent meetup with Israeli fashion designer Mirit Weinstock, I’m very happy to bring you more events, articles, and sales coming up this weekend. Sadly, the excitement of post-New Year’s sales have passed and there isn’t much out there, unlike last week. I’ll do my best.
- RENDEZVOUS joins the group of eight bars in Tel Aviv selling the clothes of younger designers. Among them, לושקה (simple, comfortable women’s fashions starting at 100nis, Xuxa (Shusha?) starting at 50nis, May (vintage earrings, starting at 50nis, Amir Cohen (bags for men and women starting at 150nis). Michae Lotan, June Amber, ZE ZE, Mrs. Dory Chi, all appearing on stage iwth musical performances. Price to enter: 15nis. Friday, 1/7. 8 Eilat, Tel Aviv.
- Ilanit Shamia hosts an Alona sale. 50% discounts of all models. Firday, 1/8 10:00-17:00, Saturday, 1/9 12:00-18:00. 53 Arlozorov, Tel Aviv.
- Run to this one! Textile and accessories designer Atara de Lange has come from Jerusalem and joined studio BLUSH 70% discounts on the winter collection. Thursday, 1/7 14:00-21:00, 2 Levontin, 2nd Floor, Tel Aviv.
Lots of deals at the Ramat Aviv Mall branch of KOOKAI. The winter 2010 collection will have 30% on all clothes. All accessories will have 20% off. In effect until January 20th. Ramat Aviv Mall, Tel Aviv.
- And I’m sure you’ve seen signs for Final Sale at the Castro flagship store headquarters at Dizengoff Center. Winter collections will soon be replaced by spring & summer (was it ever really winter in Tel Aviv? Ha!)
- Apparently, Israeli jewelry has become strong and popular all over the world! Canaan-Online has become a great source for customers to find the very latest in Israeli jewelery. It’s also proud to launch a new and exclusive collection by Adina Plastelina. To kick off 2010, Canaan-Online offers free shipping on all of its diamond engagement rings! Caanan-Online: http://www.prweb.com/releases/israelijewelry/01/prweb3409744.htm